Well, that's what it feels like, anyway. Here I am, five days past my "due date," just waiting for the little one to make his/her appearance. I'm still okay. I mean, I expected to go "late." After all, I'm always late. But, there is some degree of disappointment with each day that passes, you know? I'm so excited to meet this baby! I'm just hoping I don't go past a week late. Mostly, I worry about SIZE. I mean, the baby is just getting bigger in there. If we have talked, you know that I have BIG babies. (Simon was my biggest, at 10 lbs and 23 inches long! And he was a week late.) I think it's a reasonable concern.
I don't want to be induced. Pitocin is horrible stuff. You see, I don't get epidurals. I like everything to be natural. In fact, we have planned a home birth (in the water) with a midwife this time and I could not be more excited about it.
I have wanted to have that experience for quite some time. I started this pregnancy out with my OB, but was inspired this summer by cousins-in-law Cory and Camille to go for what I really wanted. I began the "change-over" when we returned from our summer vacation. It was hard to "break up" with my OB (that is TOTALLY what it felt like). But, she understood because she knows me (she delivered Simon and saw my birth plan and attitude toward wanting everything as natural as possible). I am so glad I did it. It will be such an amazing experience!
Anyway, we're ready. Everything is waiting. And, I am excited!
You have to have a lot of towels for a water birth. Both Mommy and baby will need them.
We got out all the neutral baby clothes and washed them up. They're just waiting for baby, too.
Heating pad, birth kit, plastic sheets, extra sheets, and other supplies, ready and waiting.
What's that, you ask? Well, only one of the most vital of vitals for laboring Lauren. Two tennis balls, crammed into a tube sock. Yes, it is very important, and has starred in all my labors. Well, not that particular set, but the same none-the-less. You see, Nate uses this to rub my lower back. It helps immensely with back labor!
So, there you have it!
We are oh-so-ready...and waiting.
Tick, tick, tick.
6 comments:
Good luck Lo! You are way prepared!!! I love seeing all the baby clothes all fit into one drawer...and man that changes quickly. hehe. And I totally can't wait till your little one makes his/her appearance. Love to all!
Are you doing it just in your own bathtub, or is it going to be a blowup thing, or how does that work? I never thought about it until I saw all your stuff out.
That's awesome! Good luck! And I can't wait to see pictures of the little man/lady! =)
I am so excited!! Thanks for posting. I've been going to your blog everyday hoping for news. I saw Liliana today at the primary activity and she told me no baby yet cuz baby is very snugily in you! Ha! so cute:-)
I have been thinking about you-and wondering if you had the baby yet. Good luck--you have a great attitude and sound and look ready. I hope it's everything you want it to be. Get that little Wright here!
That is so awesome! Kristen told me all about your blog today and your new little one! I am so very proud of you, girl! Yeah, lovin' the whole thing.
XOXO Camille and Family
Post a Comment