Saturday, September 5, 2009

The sonogram

Well, we did it! We had our ultrasound on Wednesday and managed NOT to find out if baby is a boy or a girl. That was our plan, but I have to say...it was HARD to look away!

We were happily watching baby move around, seeing all the measurements and feeling happy that baby looked healthy and everything looked perfect. Then, the technician said, "Okay, you're going to want to look away now." Really? Right now? Okay. Man! That was so hard! Nate and I both put our hands up to the sides of our faces and looked at each other, both of us making faces that said, "are-we-sure-about-this?" I kept thinking, "All I have to do is move my hand and look and I'll know." Yeah, as you can probably imagine, it was not easy.

But, I have to say, I am really excited about that moment when baby is born. Looking and finally finding out if we have another daughter, or another son. We'll truly be happy either way.

I'm just so excited! Now, if we can just decide on names...

But, back to the gender thing. Let's have a poll, shall we?

What do you think?
Boy or girl? Leave a comment with your vote.

9 comments:

Maxmomma said...

You two are strong! There is no way I could ever not look...

I vote a boy, Glenn votes a boy, Max votes a boy, and Jonas votes a girl!

Nicole said...

That would have been SOOOO hard!!! You guys are strong! I think.....it's a BOY!

tralina said...

Hey--Congrats!! That is so cool. I was hoping boy--but I bet it's a girl. Nate can play ball with anyone!

Morgan and Joel said...

I'm going to have to go for a girl. We don't have a lot of doubles in genders in our family. SO I'm going for a girl.

CLF said...

I am going with B-O-Y! Lots of love to you all...xo

melanie said...

I think boy as well, but I'm excited and happy to shop for either!! Either way, he/she will be a way cool kid, cuz they're a Wright!

Kara said...

All I can say here is think Yellow and if your lucky Green. :)

Johnson Family said...

congratulations!! That is so great! We didn't know with Lexi and it was so fun! We totally thought she was a boy:) wrong!

Gabriel said...

I vote girl. Cory and I didn't have a sonogram with Malachi and it was so fun to find out right after she was born. Of course in that moment I didn't care one little bit. So excited for you!