Wednesday, September 9, 2009

For my Grandma

My dear Grandma passed away late Friday night.
I know this is what we've been praying for. For her to be able to pass away peacefully, but it's still so hard to let go. We are all sad to lose her, but are also, in a way, happy for her because she is no longer in pain, and she gets to be with her beloved parents, husband, and two sons who passed before her.

I'm going to miss you and your spunk and humor, Grandma!

This is the last picture I have of me with my Grandma (taken last Christmas). I knew I was probably saying goodbye (for this lifetime), and I'm glad Nate snapped this shot.


I'll have to look through my pictures to see if I have any others I could post. My Grandma really didn't like to have her picture taken! :) So, in many of them she has her hand up in front of her face (she's been doing that my whole life)!



And, I just have to record this for posterity...
My Grandma chose to be cremated. Nate was explaining this to the children and Liliana was quite concerned about it. She often asks questions now about why grandma "fired herself." I know it sounds awful on one hand, but, on the other, I think my Grandma would appreciate the humor in her words.


We will all miss you Grandma/"GG"!


5 comments:

Leslie said...

she seems so sweet from what you've told me about her. thoughts and prayers with your family!

Maxmomma said...

Lauren- I'm so sorry for your loss and excited for your grandma too. Love you and you family. Such a sweet picture of you two together.

Morgan and Joel said...

Bittersweet, for sure.

Good to see you blogging more frequently :)

Lori Ellsworth said...

I'm so sorry, Lauren! So great that you were able to visit with her recently!

Gabriel said...

Oh, Lauren, you're right a blessing, but hard never the less. I know the feeling. How wonderful to have this photograph of the two of you. It is just rich with emotion. Sending you warm loving thoughts.
xoxo Camille