Eleven years ago, today, Nate and I were married for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I can't believe eleven years have gone by since our wedding day!
I remember that it had been raining, and raining, and raining that whole week. I really didn't want it to rain on my wedding day. Thankfully, the sun was shining and it was beautiful all day. We were married at 9:40 in the morning. There were a lot of weddings there that day. I think, even that early, we were the 39th couple to be married (or something like that). When we came out for pictures and such, there were brides and grooms every where on the temple grounds. I think our videographer had a hay-day with that! It was hard to tell which people were with what party. We even had to have them re-edit a few scenes from the final video (because we didn't know the people). :)
Our reception was a the Joseph Smith Memorial building (where we were in the picture). It was beautiful! The food was yummy and we all had a delightful time. Nate's favorite question was, "Is it time to go now?"
Nate, I love you and I'm so glad to be married to you. It's so hard to fathom how I can love you more and more each day, but I do. You are such an incredible man!
I knew I was head-over-heels in love with you on that day...
I can't believe eleven years have gone by since our wedding day!
I remember that it had been raining, and raining, and raining that whole week. I really didn't want it to rain on my wedding day. Thankfully, the sun was shining and it was beautiful all day. We were married at 9:40 in the morning. There were a lot of weddings there that day. I think, even that early, we were the 39th couple to be married (or something like that). When we came out for pictures and such, there were brides and grooms every where on the temple grounds. I think our videographer had a hay-day with that! It was hard to tell which people were with what party. We even had to have them re-edit a few scenes from the final video (because we didn't know the people). :)
Our reception was a the Joseph Smith Memorial building (where we were in the picture). It was beautiful! The food was yummy and we all had a delightful time. Nate's favorite question was, "Is it time to go now?"
Nate, I love you and I'm so glad to be married to you. It's so hard to fathom how I can love you more and more each day, but I do. You are such an incredible man!
I knew I was head-over-heels in love with you on that day...

And, early on, when we met, our Freshman year at the University of Utah, I knew you were a special guy, who I was so glad to "hang out" with, build awesome snowmen with, and listen to you when you played the guitar. I thought, even then, that you were the type of man I could see myself marrying some day (even if you did "dump" me after three months). :)

But, I tell you, nothing makes me love you more, than seeing you with our children. They love you, look up to you, and want to be like you. And, frankly, I don't blame them one bit! Thank you for being everything I can ever want in a husband (and more). Thank you for being a hero to our children. And thank you for marrying me!
10 comments:
Happy Anniversary You 2!! What a great post Lo! I love seeing the younger versions of you 2, can we have a special trip down memory lane post and keep the younger pictures coming?? ;)
Happy Anniversary Lauren and Nate!! I'm sure Nate falls more in love with you each day when he sees the wonderful mother that you are to your (soon to be 4)beautiful children. What a wonderful couple! We love you!!
Wow! Nate looks so young in the pics! It is crazy! And you are gorgeous as ever. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!!! Love ya and can't wait to see you! (and your fam)
Wow, you both look SOOOO young. Hope you had a happy day!
Awesome pictures! It's always great to have proof lying around for your kids that you weren't always parents! Happy Anniversary you crazy kids, love you, love the Wrights!
I remember that reception! It was beautiful and I thought you two were the coolest! Has it really been eleven years?! Wow- huge congrats on a wonderful marriage and family built in that time. I still think you two are the coolest!
Happy Anniversary! You are a perfect couple: proof that families work and can be fun too! Keep up your enthusiasm for life.
Congrats! Richard and I just had our 13th anniversery on the 15th! Time sure flies doesn't it? Love reading your blog.
Happy Anniversary!!! Those pictures are great! I can't believe how young you guys look. I love looking at your blog. You're family is adorable.
Not that I am not excited for you guys, but, seriously, hasn't the celebration high worn off yet??? I do feel it time for an update :)
Post a Comment