Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Visiting family

Wow! I started this post back in May. See people? I have the best of intentions! :) I'll try to do it justice now. A lot of time has past now, so this will be old news. But, I have to warn you...y'all have a lot of that coming!
Back when my mom and brother were able to come for a visit, we had the opportunity to expand our visiting with close-by family...namely, my Aunt Laura and my great-Aunt Myrtle. It was delightful, as usual.

Andrew, Mom, Lili, Simon and I got a chance to visit with Laura for a while.
Sisters.

While visiting Aunt Myrtle, we HAD to get burgers from "Myrtle's Burgers!" She once owned and ran it, but it now belongs to one of her daughters & sons-in-law. All I can say is YUMMY!

We also spent several hours just chatting it up at Aunt Myrtle's house. I even left to get Julia from school and returned with her. She was thrilled because she had really wanted to go and was sad that she'd be at school! The children had the best time playing in the big back yard! And Julia and Simon found a riding mower in the car port. That definitely made Simon's day!
During their visit, Nate celebrated his birthday. We, of course, all went out to eat. Nate chose (with quite a bit of influence from the girls) Macaroni Grill. It was fun!

Happy birthday Nate (way back in April)!


I'm so thankful Andrew and Mom were able to come for a visit! It was so great to have them here!

What's even better? Kara came for a visit the very next week. What's even better than that? They overlapped by a day. So, what did we do? Went shopping, of course! And, our traditional sushi dinner. Yum! It was great getting to go (all three of us together)!

Mom and Andrew left early on Easter morning. It was wonderful to have everyone with us when the kids woke up that morning! We all left for church and they hit the road.

We had such a fantastic time with "KK" while she was here too! We got to go to the aquarium - which was crazy busy with school field trips there at the same time, but we had a blast! The kids enjoyed wrestling with Aunt KK too! It was a great week and we're so glad she could spend such quality time with us. Lili cried when she had to go.


I am so blessed by my amazing family. I love them dearly! Thank you again for coming!


1 comment:

Maxmomma said...

Oh so fun! Man, I love your family, Lauren. It makes me so happy to see your family and the family you have created. Can't wait for the reunion.

Happy belated birthday Nate!!!