Saturday, March 21, 2009

My "baby" is TWO today!

It's so hard to believe Simon is two, but it's even harder to believe that we've only had him for two years, you know? He is such a big part of our family and I just love him to pieces!


We've had a good morning. Nate is on a scout camp out, so all the kids ended up in bed with me last night. When we woke up, we sang to Simon. He smiled ear to ear. He got to pick whatever he wanted to have for breakfast. He chose tortilla chips.


We've been enjoying looking at old pictures and video together. I love re-living all those precious moments that have gone by so quickly!

During my walk down memory lane, I re-read my blog post from his birthday last year.

This collage (made up of snippets from his first year) is so cute, I had to use it again.
And from this last year...
I just love my boy! His personality is so darling! He is laid back, charming, and a bit timid with people he doesn't know (and sometimes with the ones he does know). I love how he'll tilt is head downward and peek up at the person before he looks away all together.
*I love how excited he gets about things. He'll open his mouth wide and look at me with his big, blue eyes, open wide with surprise, then smile so big! I'm smiling just thinking about it right now.
*He loves CARS and every other thing that goes. I love how he even recognizes our friends and neighbors' cars. He'll see their car, or one that looks like it, and say their name with excitement! He's so observant in that way.
*His favorite food has to be...meat. Yep, the complete opposite of Julia. Although, he does enjoy fruit, cheese and yogurt as well. He likes chicken and "dot dogs" and LOVES hamburger cooked in all it's various forms. He simply calls it "meat." But, can I add another "food group" to cover his other favorite food? He absolutely adores "detchup." He'll get it out of the fridge and bring it to me, asking, "Detchup? Pease!" So dang cute! (Of course, he loves goodies and treats in all their various forms too...like "nacks" [fruit snacks] and chocolate [he says that one pretty close to right on]!)
*He loves to call Howie ("Howie, come!") and pet him. He adores following his sisters around. He always calls Julia by her name, but usually calls Lili "di-ter" (sister). They are all really close to each other and it sure makes this Momma's heart very happy!
*When he is tired, he likes to snuggle with Mom to fall asleep. Every night while "bunkering down" for bed, he watches a show on "Tee-ee"with Mom and Dad. He loves for Dad to get him "sheese" (string cheese - which he likes for me to peel down a bit for him) to have as a late-night snack. He really loves that time with just us. We do too, of course!
*He's full of life, energy, and learning. He likes to figure things out.
*He loves going bye-bye in the car.
*I love how, when he gives you something and you tell him thank you, he always responds with the appropriate, "your gelcome," in his cute little raspy voice that is just so full of pride in that moment.
Simon, I love you, my son. I'm so glad I get to be your Mommy. Thank you for your mellow ways. We can all learn a lot from you. Happy birthday, my love!



9 comments:

Maxmomma said...

Oh such a sweet boy! I love the memories you posted- they say so much. Especially that Simon has one great family. I think I can catch a glimpse of those adorable eyes and huge grin in a few of those pics. Happy birthday little-big guy! Thanks for the post, Lauren!

Beth Ann said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Simon! You are one of our favorite 2 year olds!

Leslie said...

happy birthday simon! we're so glad we've gotten to know you! (and your family, they're cool, too) :)

Lori Ellsworth said...

Happy Birthday, Simey!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Simon! You sure are a hoot and we're lucky to know you!

Anonymous said...

Happy bday simon, oh I can't believe 2 years has gone that fast!

tralina said...

What a sweet post--you are such a good mommy! wWat a great way to remember all the good things about Simon!

Xela said...

Happy Birthday Simon! We love you so much, you are so much fun and Zach just adores you. We are so glad that you and Zach are such great buddies
How has 2 years already gone by? I feel like we just had these boys! Here's to many more fun years together and watching our boys grow up!

Britt Wright said...

You have such a sweet boy! And Happy Birthday Simon! We can't wait to see you guys in the summer! We are going to have a lot of fun!