Thursday, December 25, 2008

My oh my, how the holidays fly!

Halloween

We all had so much fun trick or treating on Halloween night. And by "we" I mean, Nate, me, a darling cheetah, the prettiest Cinderella, and the cutest little monkey I've ever seen. We met up with our next door neighbors and went around a few blocks. Simon and I were a little slower than the rest of the lot, being that he's one and a half and I had a boot on my foot! The night was considered a huge success (a.k.a. the kids got a LOT of candy)!


After the trick-or-treating fun, we went over to our friends' the Andrews' house for a chili dinner. What a great way to end the night! Thanks guys! Why did I not get pictures? All I can figure is my battery died or something.


Thanksgiving


Preparing for the big day...

The night before, I got to go over to my friend Christine's and learn to make pies (as did our friend Launa). Sure, my mom has taught me before, but if you don't use a skill, you lose it! Besides, if you get a chance to cook with Christine, you take it! She's gourmet!

We made pumpkin, pecan and coconut cream! Mmmmmm!


We were invited to our dear friends the Andrews' house for dinner. Everyone brought dishes to share and it all turned out delicious! We brought broccoli casserole, cornbread dressing, fruit and ham that Nate cooked on the BGE. It was a lovely time. I'm so thankful for great friends!

After stuffing ourselves, we all gathered to check on the hot deals for black Friday. I've never been one to go out (sorry to all the die-hards). But, I'll tell you this...I did do some shopping that day (on-line, that is).I can't let this opportunity slide by without showing some pictures of the yummy food. After all, it did have a "starring role" of the day.
(especially for you, Kristin) ;)
It was a day I'll remember and am thankful for,
full of friends, good food, and a whole lot more.
"More?" you ask? Well, you see,
the day will hold more than one memory.
The children delighted in seeing each other,
running and laughing, one with another.
We, the adults, also had fun,
talking and visiting (and eating a "ton").
I'm thankful for much, but above all the rest,
I'm thankful for the bounteous ways I am blessed.


1 comment:

Britt Wright said...

Those pies look amazing!!! Yummy. The food looks great and I'm glad you got to spend it with friends! We sure did miss ya here in Utah...can't wait till next Christmas!