August 30, 2011
Simon came downstairs in the morning, all dressed in the clothes he picked out and ready for his first day of school!
Simon's choice for his back-to-school breakfast? Cinnamon toast. Mmmm.
We remembered to take the traditional by-the-front-door picture before we headed to school (I didn't manage to do that with the girls this year. I guess it's not too late. It'd just be a...random Thursday in the second week of school type of picture instead).
He was very proud and excited!
Roman didn't want to miss out on the photo op.
(I had asked Simon to put his hand on the knob, like he was about to walk out for the first picture.
So, of course, he did it in every picture from then on. So cute! :)
Isn't this precious? I just love it! He's proud as punch.
He put his lunch box on the shelf and hung his backpack on his hook.
There were several activities for the arriving preschoolers to choose from (blocks, cars, kitchen, etc.). He wanted to draw. (Of course Roman did too!)
Roman and I said our goodbyes and Simon wasn't nervous at all. He said goodbye and sat there, coloring, talking to his new teacher.
He had been a bit nervous at "meet the teacher," and his teacher came out and told me he said, "I was angry that day." So funny!
Roman's goodbye hug with Simon. Yep, I just about cried at that!
Roman didn't have to experience being the solo child at home Tuesday because Liliana was home sick (poor thing!). But, we were all excited when it was time to go get Simon!
Simon was happy to see us too!
I know this picture isn't the greatest, but I love it because that's exactly what happened...he saw me, said, "Mommy!" and ran to me. That's as fast as I could snap the picture!
Roman greeted his big brother with a hug!
(I might have had to ask them to re-enact it for the camera, but I'll never tell. ;)
*What was your favorite part of the day?
"Lunch." :)
"...and the next thing I liked is dress-up. I was the dragon and Spider-man."
*Did you make any new friends?
"Yeah. It' a girl, but I don't know her name. She can swing the same high as I can, and she's as tall as me, and she's four like me."
*What did you do in the classroom that was fun?
"Draw. I maked a boat and a thing that could do everything and one that could go super-duper fast and it's a boat."
*Finish this sentence: My first day of school was..."fun."
5 comments:
Your children are the cutest!! And Roman is SO grown up now! Wow...
He is such a handsome little guy!
SO cute! I love the brothers together... And Simon is so handsome!
Noah started preschool too, and it has been so much fun for him AND for me to see him loving it.
What a handsome grandson! Simon and Roman are adorable! Who'd ever thunk that you'd be raising a couple of boys??? Thank you for sharing the moment! Mom
THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!! I can't believe Simon is that old! And Roman! He looks EXACTLY like Nate- I am dying over here at the clone! What a gorgeous family- I miss you all!
Post a Comment