A poem by Julia.
Friendship
Friendship is like the soil.
It can sprout flowers of love.
Or it can grow damp
And be home to the fungi of sorrow.
Weeds will sprout
I have no doubt
That they will soak up all the water.
The soil will dry up and crack.
And that kind is unforgivable.
Friendship is like the soil.
It can sprout flowers of love.
Or it can grow damp
And be home to the fungi of sorrow.
Weeds will sprout
I have no doubt
That they will soak up all the water.
The soil will dry up and crack.
And that kind is unforgivable.
Such wisdom from my nine-year-old daughter. I love her mind. And I love her. She makes me proud, everyday.
4 comments:
She is such an old soul, chock full of wisdom in her little body!! I'm with you ... it is so fun to watch her mind work!! Such a beautiful and talented young lady!
that is amazing!! That girl is just going to do awesome things and I can't wait to see! Course, she comes from good stock:)
Jules is a keeper! She is so much more thoughtful that I was at her age...okay..she's more thoughtful than I am NOW! We love that brilliant little author, poet, veternarian and big sister!
Wow--that is a great poem! Claire has been really into poetry lately, (I don't encourage it--I can't stand the stuff)ever since she found a book of children's poems. What a fun age to see them learning how manipulate words in a way they couldn't before.
Post a Comment